Now I come from an Italian family so we take our chicken and eggplant Parmeseans very seriously, however lets be real, sometimes they can be a pain in the ass to make. I’ve been using this crockpot recipe for a while now and it’s so dang easy but most importantly, delicious. I shop at Trader Joes so my ingredients are catered to that store but of course you can modify very easily to the ingredients your frequent at your own grocery store. I hope you enjoy and please let me know if you try it or make any interesting modifications!
- Organic chicken breast tenders (the amount is up to you depending on family size)
- Three cheese marinara sauce
- Quattro formaggio shredded cheese blend (or shredder Parmesean and provolone)
- Organic bread crumbs
- Place a layer of sauce on the bottom of crockpot
- Combine 1/4 C cheese with approximately 1.5 C breadcrumbs
- Dip each chicken tender in mixture and ensure it is thoroughly coated
- Place several strips in crockpot then add another sauce layer to cover, followed by a final layer of chicken
- Finish off with a generous final layer of sauce
- Set crockpot on LOW for 5-6 hours
- When 1 hour is left, open crockpot lid and add a few handfuls of cheese, allow to mix in with the sauce. Replace lid.
- Serve over pasta or with a side such as rice, Caesar or my favorite roasted peppers