If you’re anything like my husband you’re a huge HUGE cheesesteak fan. In San Francisco there’s about one place you can get a killer cheesesteak but I really wanted to see if I can make it at home and a bit healthier. I’ve seen a bunch of recipes but per usual I always like to make my own adjustments. I’d definitely give this a try for you and your family immediately, you’re only hurting yourself by missing out on the deliciousness.
- 1.5 to 2 lbs thin slices steak
- 1/2-1 tsp garlic powder (the more the merrier to me, I’m a huge fan)
- 1/2-1 tsp steak seasoning (I used Weber Chicago Style)
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1 bell pepper sliced, color of your choice
- 25 oz low-sodium beef broth
- 6 French rolls (or however many you need for your family then have leftovers)
- 12 slices cheese, I prefer provolone
- Rub steak with seasoning and garlic powder, put in slow cooker
- Add sliced onion, bell pepper and broth
- Cook on low 6 hours
- I like to add a little extra powder and seasoning toward the end
- Half a piece of cheese on each side of the rolls
- That’s rolls with cheese open-faced in oven until cheese gets melty
- Not necessary but my husband prefers some mayonnaise on the rolls before putting the meat on
- Put crockpot mixture into rolls and enjoy!
Tell me if you put your own spin on this or what other Crockpot recipes you love!